Sunday, September 12, 2004

14th and Castro

As you all know I'm a little bit crazy, so this will not surprise you. On my way to check out Amoeba on Haight (and yes, it may be the best music store ever) I have found a great produce store on 14th and Castro. Take a look at a map; really not my neighborhood. It's right on the corner and there is a large tree there from which they hang not only flowering potted plants, but bags of oranges and bunches of bananas; it's adorable. Plus the avocados are gargantuan, it's the cheapest I've come across so far, and as I was leaving with my little brown paper bag and a smile I was walking behind a 20-something guy, with short spikey hair in baggy khaki's, a sleeveless shirt, and flip-flops walking his little pug dog (remember this is in the Castro) when little doggy lags behind. The guy snaps his fingers twice and says "Adiamo, principessa." So now I have to get all my fruits and vegetables in the Castro, cheese in Noe on 24th, and these fantastic feta stuffed olives at Molinari's in North Beach. Crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home